Michael Brian Gross, M.D., D.A.B.U
Diplomate, American Board of Urology
President Medical Staff, Presbyterian Hospital Plano, January 2005 to present
Castle Connolly Medical selected Dr. Gross at Urology Clinics of North Texas among the top 10% of doctors in specialty and region in 2011.
- University of California at Los Angeles, Los Angeles, California 1989
- Urology, University of Texas Southwestern Medical School, Dallas, Texas 1991 – 1995
- General Surgery Intern, University of Texas Southwestern Medical School, Dallas, Texas. C. James Carrico, M.D., Chairman, 1989 – 1991
- University of California, B.S. Biology, Los Angeles, California 1985
- Texas, 1990
- American Board of Urology
- University of California Education Abroad Program to England, 1982- 1983
- Exchange Student to Chile with Youth for Understanding, 1977 – 1978
- Graduated Magna Cum Laude with Departmental Honors in Biology, UCLA, 1985
- Deans List, UCLA, 1980 – 1985
- UCLA Honor Society, 1980-1985
- American Medical Association
- American Urological Association (Resident Candidate)
- Texas Medical Association
- Dallas Medical Association
- Induction of Cytochrome P450 in the Liver of Alcoholics, University of Kent, Department of Biochemistry, 1983-1984.
- Tumor Response to Hormonal Therapy, Preceptor-Shlomo Melmed, M.D., Cedars Sinai Medical Center, Department of Endocrinology, 1982-1983.
- Production of HCG by Solid Organs, Preceptor-Glenn Braunstein, M.D., Cedars Sinai Medical Center, Department of Endocrinology, 1978-1979.
- Scientific Presentations: Michael Gross and Glenn Preminger: Alexandrite Laser Lithotripsy: A videotape outlining its use and results of a clinical trial. Presented at the AUA, San Francisco, California, May 1994.
- Michael Gross and Glenn Preminger: Long-term Follow-up of the Acucise Cutting Balloon Catheter. Presented at the AUA, San Antonio, Texas, 1993.
- Michael Gross and Glenn Preminger: The Acucise Cutting Balloon Catheter. Presented at the AUA, Washington, D.C., 1992.
- Invited Lectures: “Alexandrite Laser Lithotripsy”, Training Seminar for Surgilase, Inc., Vanderbilt University, Nashville, Tennessee, July 1993.
- Enlarged prostate
- Kidney Stone
- Prostate cancer
- Bladder cancer
- Kidney cancer
- Testicular cancer
- Erectile dysfunction
- Low testosterone
- Peyronie’s disease
- Urethral stricture
- Surgery for BPH
- Aqua ablation
- Greenlight laser
- Robotic Prostatectomy
- Inflatable penile prosthesis
- Artificial urinary sphincter
- Sling for stress urinary incontinence (female)
- MRI Fusion Biopsy of the Prostate
- Percutaneous nephrolithotomy