Meredith L. Lightfoot, M.D.
Diplomate, American Board of Urology
- University of Texas Medical Branch – Galveston, Texas 1998
- Urology, University of Arkansas for Medical Sciences, Little Rock, Arkansas 2000-2003
- General Surgery, University of Arkansas for Medical Sciences, Little Rock, Arkansas 7/1998-6/2000
- University of Texas Dallas, Graduate course work in Molecular Biology, Dallas, Texas 1/1993 –6/1994
- University of Texas Austin, B.A. Biology, Austin, Texas 1992
- Texas, 2001
- American Board of Urology
Honors and Awards:
- 2011 – 2013 D Magazine Collin County Best Doctor’s
- 2006 – 2009 D Magazine Dallas Best Doctor’s
- 2009 – 2010 Vice Chair Department of Surgery Presbyterian Hospital of Plano
- 2009 – Present Surgical Peer Review Presbyterian Hospital of Plano
- 2003 Pfizer’s Scholars in Urology Award
- 2001 Women’s Committee of the Children’s Hospital of Philadelphia Scholar
- 2000 American Transplant Society Educational Grant Recipient
- 1998-1999 Vascular Intern of the Year
- 1998 Lubben Award for Excellence in Urology
- 1991 D. H. King Matkowski Scholarship for Leadership
- 1990 – 1992 Beta Beta Beta Biological Honor Society
- 1989 – 1992 Alpha Lambda Delta Freshman Honor Society
- 1996 – 1998 Who’s Who in American Colleges and Universities
- 1996 American Business Women’s Association Grant Recipient, National award based on potential for achievement in a professional field
- 1994 – 1998 American Business Women’s Association Scholarship for Leadership
- 2007 – Present Medical Executive Committee Presbyterian Plano Center Diagnostics/Surgery
- 2007 – 2010 Medical Executive Committee Presbyterian Hospital of Plano
- 2007 – 2010 Genesis Physician Group Board of Directors
- 2004 – 2009 Surgical Services Committee Presbyterian Hospital Plano
- 2005 – 2007 Chairman Surgical Services Committee Presbyterian Plano
- 2002 – 2003 Chief Resident U.A.M.S. Department of Urology
- 1997 – 1998 Co-Director National Student Research Forum – Galveston, Texas
- 1997 – 1998 Secretary/Treasurer Class of 1998
- 1996 – 1997 Student Representative to Graduate Medical Education Committee
- 1996 – 1997 President Class of 1998
- 1995 – 1996 Vice President Alpha Sigma Pi Medical Sorority
- 1995 – 1996 President Class of 1998
- 1994 – 1995 Vice President Class of 1998
- 1994 – 1997 Senator Student Government Association
- 1994 – 1998 Alpha Sigma Pi Medical Sorority
- 1993 – 1994 Graduate Student Organization
- 1982 – 1992 Women in Medicine
- 2003 – Present Dallas County Medical Society
- 2000 – Present South Central Urological Association
- 2000 – Present American Urological Association
- 1998 – 2004 Arkansas Medical Society
- 1994 – Present American Medical Women’s Association
- Chairman AMWA’s Mentorship Program 1995 – 1996
- UTMB Representative to National AMWA Meeting 1995
- AMWA Education Panel Member 1997
- 1994 – Present Texas Medial Association
- 1994 – Present American Medical Association
Publications and Presentations:
- Barone GW, Gurley BJ, Ketel BL, Lightfoot ML, et al. Drug interaction between St. John’s Wort and Cyclosporine. The Annals of Pharmacotherapy. 2000;34: 1013-1016.
- Barone GW, Lightfoot ML, Ketel BL. The Little Rock Weave. Contemporary Surgery. 2001;57: 240.
- Turton-Weeks SM, Barone GW, Gurley BJ, Ketel BL, Lightfoot ML, Abul-Ezz SR. St. John’s Wort: A Hidden Risk for Transplant Patients. Progress in Transplantation. 2001;11:116-120.
- Turton-Weeks SM, Barone GW, Gurley BJ, Ketel BL, Lightfoot ML, Abul-Ezz SR, Anderson KE. The Pretransplant Evaluation of Patient with Acute Intermittent Porphyria. Progress in Transplantation. 2001;11:215-216.
- Barone GW, Pait TG, Lightfoot ML, et al. The Rumel Technique for Lateral Thoracotomy Closure. Journal of Cardiovascular Surgery. 2001;42(4): 569-570.
- Redman JF, Lightfoot ML Congenital Posterior Urethral Polyp in a Boy. Journal of Urology. Accepted; publication pending 2002.
- Redman JF, Lightfoot ML, Reddy PP. Extensive Upper and Midureteral Loss in Infants: Experience with Reconstruction in two Patients. Journal of Urology. 2002:168:691-693.
- Redman JF, Lightfoot ML, Reddy PP. Bilateral Single Ureteral Ectopia in a Boy. Urology. 2002:60(3):1-2.
- Barone GW, Lightfoot ML, Ketel BL, et al. Further Defining the Transposed Brachiobasilic Fistula. Vascular Access for Hemodialysis (chapter) in Henry and Ferguson (eds) Hemoaccess VII. Precept Press, 2000.
- Barone GW, Gurley BJ, Ketel BL, Lightfoot ML, et al.: SJW and Cyclosporine Interactions (Letter to editor) The Annals of Pharmacotherapy. 2001;35:124-125.
- Lightfoot ML, Barone GW, Ketel BL, et al. Further Defining the Transposed Brachiobasilic Fistula. Vascular Access for Hemodialysis VII. San Antonio, Texas May 4-5, 2000.
- Turton-Weeks SM, Barone GW, Gurley BJ, Ketel BL, Lightfoot ML, Abul-Ezz SR. Herbal Supplements: A Hidden Risk. National Association of Transplant Coordinators. Orlando, FL August 6-8, 2000. (Awarded the Top Clinical Study).
- Barone, GW, Lightfoot ML, et al. The Role of the Transposed Brachiobasilic Fistulae for Hemodialysis Access. The Southwestern Surgical Congress 53rd Annual Meeting. Cancun, Mexico: April 29-May 2, 2001.
- Barone GW, Ketel BL, Abul-Ezz SR, Lightfoot ML, Walker PD. Increased Early Rejection Rate After Conversion from Tacrolimus Kidney and Pancreas Transplantation. 8th Congress of International Pancreas and Islet Transplantation Association. Innsbruck, Austria: June 12-15, 2001.
- Lightfoot ML, Finkbeiner AE. Pharmacologic Therapies for Urinary Incontinence. U.S./Japan Urology Seminar. Hokkaido, Japan: September 6-7, 2001.
- Lightfoot ML, Touijer AK, Kumar U. Laparoscopic Surgery – Initial University of Arkansas for Medical Sciences Experience. The South Central Section of the A.U.A. Austin, Texas: September 8-12, 2001.
- Lightfoot ML, Engle DE, Greene GF. Correlation of Radiographic to Pathologic Size in Renal Cell Carcinoma: Implication for Renal Sparing Surgery. The South Central Section of the A.U.A. Austin, Texas: September 8-12, 2001.
- Chiles W, Lightfoot M, Kumar U. Mitrofanoff procedure using Montie principle and Malone
- Antegrade Continence Enema(video). The South Central Section of the A.U.A. Ireland.
- Kidney stones
- Stress urinary incontinence (female)
- Overactive bladder
- Bladder cancer
- Recurrent UTI
- Pelvic pain
- Incontinence procedures
- Multiple types of stone surgeries
- Bladder cancer surgeries