Flower Mound Office
Marie-Blanche Tchetgen, M.D.
Dr. Tchetgen is dual board-certified in Urology and Female Pelvic Medicine and Reconstructive Surgery. She has been in practice in DFW Metroplex since 2002, treating patients with general urological conditions including enlarged prostate, blood in urine, kidney stones, recurrent urinary tract infections, male and female incontinence and other voiding dysfunctions (neurogenic bladder, urinary retention).
She further specializes in the treatment of complex pelvic organ prolapse, offering minimally invasive techniques to address these conditions. She is the medical director of the Pelvic Health and Reconstructive Surgery Center at Texas Health Presbyterian in Flower Mound, TX offering advanced diagnostic testing for pelvic floor disorders. She serves the communities of Flower Mound, Lewisville, Denton, Carrollton, Roanoke, Coppell, Grapevine, Southlake and more.
- Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine – Baltimore, MD
- University of Michigan – Ann Arbor, MI
- Cleveland Clinic Foundation – Cleveland, OH
- UMDNJ-Robert Wood Johnson – New Brunswick, NJ – General Surgery
- Ohio Wesleyan University, Delaware, OH – Undergraduate Education
- Diplomate of the American Board of Urology – 2001
- Recertification – American Board of Urology – 2010
- Certification – Female Pelvic Medicine and Reconstructive Surgery – 2014
- NMA- Urology section: Advantages of Megapractice Group
- Texas Urological Society – Stress Urinary Incontinence Update 2012
- Texas Urological Society – Mesh Prolapse Kits, the FDA and you
- Texas Medical Board – Reviewer
- PACE Preceptor program – Bard, Inc: Education and training in the latest approaches to female pelvic surgery
- Speaker bureau – Allergan, Astellas
- Key opinion leader – ACELL, Inc
Honors and Awards:
- Michigan Urological Society Second Prize for “Best Clinical Investigation”
- Phi Beta Kappa, Ohio Wesleyan University
- Most Outstanding Student Leader Award, Ohio Wesleyan University
- Dean’s List, Ohio Wesleyan University
- Edwin Conklin Award for Outstanding Zoology Majors, Ohio Wesleyan University
- Wesleyan Winner, for leadership serving the OWU community in an exemplary way
- Dean’s Merit Award, Ohio Wesleyan University
- Nadeau JH, Herrmann B, Buncan M, Burkhart D, Crosby JL, Erhart MA, Kosowsky M, Kraus JP, Michiels F, Schnattinger A, Tchetgen MB, et al.. Genetic maps of mouse chromosome 17 including 12 new anonymous DNA loci and 25 anchor loci. Genomics 9: 78-79, 1991.
- Koizumi T, Hendel E, Lalley PA, Tchetgen MB, Nadeau J.. Homologs of genes and anonymous loci on human chromosome 13 map to mouse chromosomes 8 and 14. Mammalian Genome 6: 263-268, 1995.
- Tchetgen MB, Oesterling JE. The role of PSA in the evaluation of benign prostatic hyperplasia. Urol. Clin. North Am. 22(2): 333-44, 1995.
- Tchetgen MB, Song J, Strawderman M, Jacobsen S, Oesterling JE. Ejaculation increases the serum PSA concentration : potential economic implications. Urology 47(4): 511-6, 1996.
- Tchetgen MB, Oesterling JE. Prostate-specific antigen and other prostate tumor markers. In Topics in Clinical Urology: new diagnostic tests. Igaku-shoin Medical Publishers, Inc., 1996.
- Tchetgen MB, Oesterling JE. The effect of prostatitis, urinary retention, ejaculation and ambulation on the serum prostate-specific antigen concentration. Urol. Clin. North Am. 24(2): 283-291, 1997.
- Tchetgen MB, Wolf JS. Postsurgical changes in the testis: a diagnostic dilemma. Urology 51(2): 333-4, 1998.
- Faerber GJ, Tchetgen MB. Expeditious method of difficult ureteral stent change with preservation of ureteral access. J. Urol. 60(5): 1781-3, 1998.
- Wolf JS, Tchetgen MB, Merion RM. Hand-assisted laparoscopic live donor nephrectomy. Urology 52(5): 885-7, 1998.
- Tchetgen MB, Appell RA. Geriatric Incontinence. Clinical Geriatrics 7(13): 76-82, 1999.
- Tchetgen MB, Sanda MJ, Montie JE, Faerber GJ. Collagen injection for the treatment of incontinence after cystectomy and orthotopic neobladder reconstruction in females. J. Urol. 163(1): 212-214, 2000.
- Marie-Blanche Tchetgen and Rodney A. Appell. Use of Collagen for the treatment of stress urinary incontinence – an update. Current Urology Reports. September 2000.
- RR Rackley, JB Abdelmalak, MB Tchetgen, S Madjar, S Jones, M Noble. Tension-free vaginal Tape and Percutaneous Vaginal Tape Sling Procedures. Techniques in Urology, vol.7, no. 2, 2001.
- Sadhukhan PC, Tchetgen MB, Rackley RR, Vasavada SP, Liou L., Bandyopadhyah SK. Regulating the expression of inducible NF-kB activity: pathway for the treatment of interstitial cystitis. J Urol 68(1): 289-92, 2002.
- Hsu TH, Rackley RR, Abdelmalak JB, Tchetgen MB, Madjar S, Vasavada SP. Laparoscopic ileovesicostomy. J. Urol. 168(1):180-1, 2002.
- Madjar S, Tchetgen MB, Van Antwerp A, Abdelmalak J, Rackley RR. Urethral erosion of tension-free vaginal tape. Urology 59(4):601, 2002
- Tchetgen MB, Bloom DA. Robert H. Whitaker and the Whitaker test: a pressure-flow study of the upper urinary tract. Urology 61(1): 253-256, 2003.
- Madjar S, Balzarro M, Appell R, Tchetgen MB, Nelson D. Baseline Abdominal Pressure and Valsalva Leak Point Pressure – Correlation with clinical and urodynamic data. Neurourol Urodyn. 22(1):2-6, 2003.
- Goldberg RP, Tchetgen MB, Sand PK, Koduri S, Rackley R, Appell R, Culligan PJ. Incidence of pubic osteomyelitis after bladder neck suspension using bone anchors. Urology 63(4): 704-8, 2004
- Urinary incontinence
- Urinary tract infections
- Pelvic and Bladder pain
- Urinary Frequency
- Urinary Retention
- Trans-vaginal surgeries
- Robotic prolapse repair
- Sling placement
- In office incontinence treatments (bulking injections, botox injections)
- Sacral Neuromodulation
- Stone treatments
- Trans-urethral resection of prostate
- Artificial urinary sphincter
Pelvic health center restores quality of life
In its first year, nearly all patients visiting the Pelvic Health and Reconstructive Surgery Center at Texas Health Presbyterian Hospital Flower Mound were women, but lately the community has learned that the physicians at the Center are equally as talented when it comes to treating men with pelvic health concerns.
Meet Dr. Marie-Blanche Tchetgen, Texas Health Flower Mound
Dr. Marie-Blanche Tchetgen is Dual Board Certified in Urology and Female Pelvic Medicine and Reconstructive Surgery and the Medical Director of the Pelvic Health and Reconstructive Surgery Center at Texas Health Hospital Flower Mound.
Pelvic Health and Reconstructive Surgery Center at Texas Health Flower Mound
The Pelvic Health and Reconstructive Surgery Center at Texas Health Flower Mound provides urology expert care to both men and women with a wide variety of disorders affecting the pelvic floor, including urological, gynecologic, and colorectal conditions.
Urinary Incontinence Explained by Dr. Marie-Blanche Tchetgen
The loss of bladder control is commonly referred to as “urinary incontinence.” Urinary incontinence can cause minimal urine leakage, but in more severe cases, a person may experience full bladder release.
Urinary Frequency and Urgency Explained by Dr. Marie-Blanche Tchetgen
Urgency incontinence is a type of incontinence that’s due to an urge to urinate that’s difficult to defer, that leads to urinary frequency and then sometimes, loss of control of bladder function.