Keith D. Newman, M.D., FACS
Certified, American Board of Urology
Fellow of the American College of Surgeons
618 Clara Barton Ste 3
Garland, TX 75042
890 Rockwall Parkway Suite 110
Rockwall, Texas 75032
972-216-6596 24 hr. Answering Service
- Texas A&M University College of Medicine
College Station, Texas 1987
- Department of Surgery, Division of Urology, Duke University Medical Center
Durham, North Carolina 1989 - 1993
Surgery, Mayo Clinic
- Rochester, Minnesota 1987 - 1989
- Texas A&M University
College Station, Texas 1978 - 1982
- Texas, 1993
- American Board of Urology
- Chief of Staff at Baylor Medical Center in Garland
- Chairman, Committee on Institutional Ethics, Baylor Medical Center at Garland
- Secretary of the Medical Staff, Baylor Medical Center at Garland
- Chief of Surgery - Baylor Medical Center at Garland (Acting)
- Vice-Chief of Staff - Baylor Medical Center at Garland (Current)
- Baylor University Medical Center Ethics Committee Member Baylor Medical Center at Garland Ethics Committee Chairman
- Baylor Medical Center at Garland Executive Committee Member
- Baylor Medical Center at Garland Acting Chief Of Surgery (2008)
- Baylor Medical Center at Garland Vice Chief Of Staff (2009-2011)
- Alpha Omega Alpha (Since 1986) - Honor medical fraternity
- American Association of Clinical Urologists (Since 1994)
- American College of Surgeons (Since 1987) - Fellow
- American Medical Association (Since 1983) - Served as a delegate to the House of Delegates.
- American Urologic Association (Since 1989)
Local Medical Societies:
- Dallas County Medical Society - Current (Since 1993)
- Durham/Orange (NC) County Medical Society (1989-1993)
- Olmstead (MN) County Medical Society (1987-1989)
- Bell (TX) County Medical Society (1985-1987)
- Brazos (TX) County Medical Society (1983-1985)
- Mayo Alumni Association
- Duke University Medical Alumni Association
- Texas Medical Association - Current.
- Served as the Medical Student Section President in 1997 and as a Delegate to the House of Delegates. Served on the EMS and Trauma Committee, helping to write what has become national guidelines for emergent transfers between hospitals.
- Texas Urologic Association (Since 1994)
Texas Medical Foundation (Since 1995)
- Baylor Healthcare System Five Star Award (2003 and 2004)
- Consumers’ Research Council Listing of best physicians nationwide 2004, 2005, 2007, 2008, 2009.
- Texas Monthly Magazine Super Docs Listing best physicians in the State of Texas. 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008.
- Finalist in the Montague-Boyd Essay Contest (South East Section of the AUA)
- Raleigh R. White Award, Best in Class in Surgery
- Department of Internal Medicine, Best in Class
- Richard R. Gaines Award, Best in Class in Psychiatry
- March of Dimes Research Fellowship
- Phi Kappa Phi, Phi Eta Sigma
- Reader’s Digest National Speakers Corps Award (1978)
- Princeton National Issues Forum Award (1981)
- Awarded the Key to the City of El Paso
- Evaluation of the Role of Antinociception in Self-injurious Behavior Following Intra-Nigra Injection of Muscimol, Neuropharmacology, Vol. 25, No. 7, pp 717-726, 1986.
- Highly Symptomatic Polycystic Liver Disease: A Role for Hepatic Resection. Proceedings 33rd World Congress of Surgery. Toronto, September 10-16, 1989.
- Treatment of Highly Symptomatic Liver Disease: A preliminary Experience with a Combined Hepatic Fenestration-Resection Procedure. Annals of Surgery, Vol. 212, No. 1, pp. 30-41, 1990.
- Evaluation of an Immunotherapeutic Approach for Prostate Carcinoma in the 1LN-Multicellular Tumor Spheroid Model: Relevance of Antigenic heterogeneity. Proceedings of the American Association for Cancer Research, Vol. 31, p 286, 1990.
DNA Ploidy Heterogeneity in Intermediate Grade (Pure Gleason's Grade 3/3) Prostate Carcinoma; A Problem for Routine Clinical Application of Flow Cytometric Ploidy Analysis. (Abstract) Journal of Urology. Vol. 145, No. 4, p 252A, 1991.