Aimee L. Carr, M.D.
Fellowship-trained in Urology
618 Clara Barton Ste 3
Garland, TX 75042
890 Rockwall Parkway Suite 110
Rockwall, Texas 75032
972-216-6596 24 hr. Answering Service
- Baylor College of Medicine
Houston, Texas 2000-2004
- Clinical Fellowship in Urinary Incontinence and Voiding Dysfunction,
Metropolitan Urologic Specialists
St. Paul, MN 2010-2011
- University of Chicago, Section of Urology
Chicago, Illinois 2004-2010
- Massachusetts Institute of Technology,
Bachelor of Science in Biology, Minor in French
Cambridge, MA 1995-1999
- Board Certification: American Board of Urology
2007-2008 - Research Resident - Chicago, IL
Victoria Robinson, Ph.D., University of Chicago.
- Determination of micro-RNA expression profile in urothelial cancer tissue and normal urothelium.
- Daniel McGehee, Ph.D., University of Chicago. Chicago, IL
- Electrophysiologic testing of rat dorsal root ganglion cell responses to chemical stimulation following exposure to Botulinum toxin A.
- 1999-2000 Research Scholar - Paris, France
Bruno Goud, Ph.D., Department of Cellular Biology, Curie Institute.
- Developed internalization assay to quantify intracellular levels of the Shiga-toxin B-subunit.
- Characterization of proteins involved in Shiga-toxin internalization using microinjection techniques and confocal electron microscopy.
- July-Dec 1998 Research Assistant - Cambridge, MA
Robert Langer, Ph.D., Department of Chemical Engineering, MIT.
- Optimized conditions for delivery of purified proteins in biodegradable polymers.
- 1997-1998 Research Assistant - Boston, MA
- Richard Lee, M.D., Cardiovascular Division of the Noninvasive Cardiac Laboratory, Brigham and Women’s Hospital.
- Applied recombinant DNA technology and assisted in determining the effects of mechanical deformation on protein expression.
- 2017 Texas Super Doctors Rising Stars®
- 2008, 1st place, Harry Schoenberg Resident Research Competition
- 2008 NURP Female Pelvic Medicine and Reconstructive Surgery
- 2008 Men’s Health Traveling Fellowship Program (SMS)
- 2007 Elisabeth Pickett Research Award (Society of Women in Urology)
- 2007 SMS/SMSNA Symposium Resident Award
- 2004 Internal Medicine International Elective Grant
- 1999 NCAA Fencing Finalist (23rd) 1997-1999
- Captain Varsity Fencing Team
- Wiltz AL, Reynolds WS, Jayram G, Fedunok P, Bales G. Management of Vaginal Synthetic Graft Extrusion Following Surgery for SUI and Prolapse. Curr Urol 2009; 3(2): 82-86.
- Wiltz, AL, Shikanov, S, Eggener SE, Steinberg GD, Shalhav AL, Zagaja GP, Zorn KC. Robotic Radical Prostatectomy in Overweight and Obese patients: Oncological and Validated-Functional Outcomes. Urology 2009; 73 (2): 316-322.
- Gundeti MS, Wiltz AL, Zagaja GP, Shalhav AL. Robotic-assisted laparoscopic Intracorporeal hand-sewn bowel anastomosis during pediatric bladder reconstructive surgery. J Endourol 2010; 24(8):1325-8.
- Johannes L, Pezo V, Mallard F, Tenza D, Wiltz A, Saint-Pol A, Helft J, Antony C, Benaroch P. Effects of HIV-1 Nef on Retrograde Transport from the Plasma Membrane to the Endoplasmic Reticulum. Traffic 2003; 4:323-332.
- Submitted - Katz MH, Wiltz AL, Steinberg GD. Stage T1 bladder cancer. Chapter for Urologic Clinics of North America.
- Wiltz AL, Steinberg GD, Robinson VL. Detection of microRNA in Urothelial Cancer. 15th Annual Charles Huggins Research Conference, Department of Surgery, University of Chicago Hospitals, 2008.
- Wiltz AL, Bernstein AJ, Eun D, Katz MH, Eng M, Boris R, Shikanov SA, Shalhav AL, Zagaja GP, Peabody JO, Zorn KC, Menon M. Robotic Assisted Laparoscopic Prostatectomy after TURP: A Multi-Institutional Analysis of Oncologic and Quality of Life Outcomes. AUA North Central Section, 82nd Annual Meeting, Chicago, 2008.
- 2002-2003 Clinical skills instructor – supervised medical students in an elective course (Baylor College of Medicine)
- 2008 Clinical skills workshop (University of Chicago)
- Running, rollerblading, biking, swimming, traveling, salsa dancing, yoga, visual arts
- Medical missions – Philippines Jan 2003, Jan 2006, Jan 2008
- Baylor College of Medicine, American Medical Women’s Association, co-chair 2002-2004 – organized Women in Medicine dinners to provide rising women medical students opportunities to interact with women attending from multiple subspecialties